How do we treat electrohypersensitivity?
It’s not about the disease, it’s about the terrain.
With technology advancing at an alarming rate, more people are finding themselves sensitive to electromagnetic fields and radiation that we can find in all areas of our lives. Our homes are even subject to them thanks to WiFi and wireless connections that devices can make. Electrohypersensitivity is something that is becoming more common and is the allergy that is the result of overexposure to these electromagnetic fields. We thought it would be wise to share with you some of the common causes and symptoms as well as the treatments that can be offered. The Centre for Biological Medicine happens to be located in a safe environment, making it the ideal place to combat the symptoms of electrohypersensitivity moving forward. To learn more, contact us today and arrange a consultation!
The Common Causes of Electrohypersensitivity
To develop electrohypersensitivity, you must be in contact with EMF radiation levels, and these can be found in many different things that we commonly use day to day. Some people are more sensitive than others, so it isn’t a case of worrying about having these items in your home; it has more to do with recognizing the symptoms and being aware that this could be a causing factor. There are ionizing and non-ionizing causes. The non-ionizing causes can be things such as:
- Microwave ovens
- Mobile phones and tablets
- Bluetooth devices
- MRI scan machines
- Power lines
- House energy meters
Ionizing causes can include things like X-ray machines and ultraviolet lights.
The Common Symptoms
There can be many common symptoms that are associated with electrohypersensitivity, which is seen as a more allergy-based illness. These include things such as:
- Sleep disturbances, including insomnia
- Depression and depressive symptoms
- Tiredness and fatigue
- Lack of concentration
- Changes in memory
- Loss of appetite and weight loss
- Restlessness and anxiety
- Skin burning and tingling
Of course, some of these things can be associated with other illnesses and issues, but if you do notice any changes that build up gradually, it may be causing you to experience electrohypersensitivity.
Why Treatment is Important
The main thing to remember is that this is likely to cause you a problem when you have a large amount of exposure to EMFs, and you should feel completely safe using a mobile phone or your microwave in your home. However, there is treatment available through the professionals at the Centre for Biological Medicine if you feel that some of the symptoms mentioned earlier could be linked with electrohypersensitivity. Instead of worrying about EMFs, it is good to be more aware of your exposure to them on a daily basis. We may recommend a plan of action that could help eliminate this for you. To get started, contact us today and set up a consultation. We look forward to hearing from you!