Chronic fatigue is often something that can be misdiagnosed or missed, but it can affect many people in their day-to-day lives. One of the biggest symptoms associated with it is extreme tiredness. The sad news is that chronic fatigue can affect anyone, even children. But it is especially common for people in their mid-20s and mid-40s. With that in mind, it helps to know that treatment is available at the Centre for Biological Medicine in Richmond Hill, ON. Simply contact us today to schedule a consultation and get started!
The Potential Causes of Chronic Fatigue
There is no main cause of chronic fatigue, but there are a few factors that can cause it to develop. One main cause could be a viral infection such as glandular fever or a bacterial infection like pneumonia. Other factors to consider could be people that have issues with their immune system, mental health problems, or even a hormone imbalance. You might also find that it has something to do with genetics. There can be a lot of things that you need to be aware of, and because having one of these things doesn’t necessarily mean you will develop chronic fatigue, it could just be a leading factor into this long-term condition.
One of the main symptoms of chronic fatigue happens to be extreme tiredness, but there are other factors to think about. Some of the other symptoms that you may experience alongside tiredness include:
- Sleep problems – failure to fall asleep or stay in a deep sleep.
- Muscle or joint pain – due to the lack of time your body gets to recover.
- Headaches – this can be associated with the lack of sleep or even the mental health aspect, such as stress or anxiety.
- A sore throat or sore glands that are not swollen – this is most strongly linked with the viral infection that could be the cause of chronic fatigue.
- Problems thinking, remembering, or concentrating – no sleep can cause you to feel irritated and struggle with daily tasks.
- Flu-like symptoms – this is most strongly linked with the bacterial infection that could be the cause of chronic fatigue.
- Feeling dizzy or sick – tiredness can cause your body to not feel responsive or well, and this can be a side effect of that.
- Fast or irregular heartbeats (heart palpitations) – your body is getting less time to recover and be in a relaxed state. This can also be linked to mental health issues.
Why Visit the Centre for Biological Medicine?
As you may know all too well, extreme tiredness can affect your life in many different ways, so professional treatment offers a number of benefits. Overcoming chronic fatigue can improve many aspects of your lifestyle, and when you visit the Centre for Biological Medicine in Richmond Hill, ON, you’ll be treated as an individual so that a customized treatment plan can be created for you. Contact us today to set up a consultation and get started. We look forward to hearing from you!